How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can keep up to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to introduce randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user regarding personalization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks because they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have supplied a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic equipment in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, install the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly extremely simple to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can utilize to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with regard to its effects on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.