How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise comes with the ergonomically designed Click Wheel where you can do quick forward, play, reverse, time out and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they seem to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate effectively if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to comprehend. Softwares are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is wrong.