How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically designed Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Numerous firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that can change the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic equipment in your house. It can control your tv, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Just put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to beginning this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function properly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to understand. Software applications are currently offered that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.